Orthodontics isn’t just for kids!
Braces aren’t just for kids: about one orthodontic patient in five is between twenty and sixty years of age. Orthodontic treatments involve gently pushing your teeth into place over a period of months or years. Here are some good reasons why it’s never too late to set your teeth straight:
Metal mouth is no longer an excuse. Most of the metallic hardware associated with braces can be replaced by transparent or tooth-colored plastic and thinner wires. In some cases, patients can be fitted with removable appliances that can be worn a designated number of hours each day or night. Hidden braces can, in some cases, be attached to the backs of your teeth where no one can see them.
- Crowded and crooked teeth influence appearance and can affect self-confidence in business or social situations. Some people even avoid smiling because of their teeth.
- Crooked teeth can affect the alignment of the bones in your jaw, causing tension and pain.
- Crowded teeth are harder to brush and floss, and are more vulnerable to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Badly aligned teeth wear down faster and affect your bite, making chewing difficult.
- Adults tend to follow their orthodontist’s instructions better, and that helps speed the process up considerably!
Would orthodontics help you smile more? If you feel you’re a candidate, please call our practice and make an appointment. It’s never too late!
|Address:||3603 Jamison Way
Castro Valley, CA 94546