Tips for 2013
1. Stay away from starchy foods like chips and crackers – they can be just as bad for your teeth as sweets.
2. Drink plain tea without sugar. It helps cut down on plaque and cavities.
3. Brush after every meal or at least once a day before bedtime.
4. Choose healthy foods like cheese and crunchy vegetables.
5. Never use your teeth to open things.
6. Use a fluoride toothpaste.
7. Don’t smoke – and remember that coffee, tea, colas, and soy sauce can stain your teeth.
8. If you can’t brush after every meal, try chewing on a piece of sugarless gum or biting into a carrot or apple.
9. Go for brushes with soft nylon bristles.
10. Replace your brush about every three months.
11. Brushes with soft bristles clean as well as hard bristles.
12. Use a mouth guard if you play contact sports.
13. Always wear a seat-belt in your car – it can save your teeth in an accident.
14. Floss every day.
15. See your dentist regularly.